- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This traditional dish is typically served during Kwaanza, yet can be enjoyed at any time during the year.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 10-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute, and then stir in the tomato soup and water.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and then add the peanut butter and cilantro. Whisk the mixture until bended and then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.