- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Affogato, the Italian word for ‘drowned,’ is an espresso-based dessert. Its rich and intense flavors will delight you.
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 4 tablespoons Disaronno Amaretto liqueur
- 6 amaretti (Italian almond macaroons), roughly crumbled (1/3 cup)
- Semisweet chocolate for shaving
- Pre-chill 4 dessert bowls by placing into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the vanilla ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften slightly.
- Place the boiling water and the espresso powder into a measuring cup and stir until powder has completely dissolved.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 1/2 cup ice cream and place into each of the prepared dessert bowls. Top the ice cream with 1 tablespoon of the liqueur and then add some of the crumbled cookies.
- Garnish the desserts with shavings of the semisweet chocolate and serve immediately.