- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped onions and bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans with liquid
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can tamales, shucked, quartered, with liquid
- Brown the beef with the onions and bell peppers in the oil. Drain.
- Add the beef to a large pot along with the corn, broth, beans, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- 15 minutes before serving, add the tamales and heat through. Stir gently so to not break the tamales.