- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Warm and wonderful on a cold winter day, enjoy this satisfying soup with a crusty chunk of buttered French bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups diced acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Heat olive oil and butter in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- When butter is melted, add squash and onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add brown sugar and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Stir in wine and season with cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In batches, puree squash mixture with cream in a blender or food processor.
- Return to stockpot and heat over low until ready to serve (do not boil).