- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
This healthy, protein rich three bean and quinoa salad is a great make ahead side for almost any occasion.
- 1 1/2 cups red or black quinoa
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups canned corn, rinsed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Spoon quinoa into a bowl and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine beans, vinegar, corn, pepper, and mint. In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice with salt, cumin, and olive oil until well combined.
- Mix quinoa with bean mixture then drizzle dressing over top and gently toss. Chill until ready to serve.