- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4 to 6
Crispy and delicious, these plantain chips offer a surprisingly complex, sweet flavor.
- 3 large green plantains, unpeeled
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- In a heavy based pot heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil over medium heat to 375 degrees F. Using a mandolin, or sharp knife, finely slice plantains into chips (for a fancier presentation slice them lengthwise into ribbons with skin on).
- Fry the plantains in small batches until crisp and golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt immediately and serve.