- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Serve Quick Chicken Parmesan with garlic bread and a tossed green salad.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1, 14 ounce can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup pitted ripe olives, cut in half
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Flatten chicken to at least 1/4 inch thickness by alternately pounding and rolling with a rolling pin.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper. In a second shallow bowl, lightly beat egg using a whisk. Dip chicken breasts in egg; coat with bread crumb mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining bread crumbs; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet until hot. Add chicken breasts; cook 3-5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Press garlic using a garlic press. Add bell pepper; cook and stir until pepper is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives; stir. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve tomato sauce over chicken.