- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes about 60 meringues
These pretty pastel colored meringues are delicious all year round! Recipe courtesy of Pastiglie Leone.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 1 box, 1 ounce, Pastiglie Leone candies, your favorite flavor
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees F. and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt in a standing electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, still beating at high speed, until glossy peaks form.
- Spoon the meringue into a zip-lock or pastry bag and pipe 1-inch meringues onto the baking sheets. Top each meringue with a few candies.
- Bake until firm, but still white, about 2 hours. Allow to cool completely on the sheets on a rack before removing them. Store for up to a month.