- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 6 servings
Nothing says fun like this homeade blue cheese corn dog recipe. Who can resist food on a stick?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 egg
- Canola oil for frying
- 6 hot dogs
- Combine flour with cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, chives and salt. Using 2 knives, cut the shortening into the mixture to make a crumbled mixture.
- In a food processor, combine milk with blue cheese and egg and blend until smooth. Combine blue cheese mixture with flour mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pot until 375 degrees F.
- Stick popsicle sticks or skewers into the ends of each hot dog. Dry hot dogs off with a paper towel. Pour batter into a tall container and dip each hot dog into batter, letting excess drip off.
- Place hot dogs in hot oil and cook until golden on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Remove hot dogs and let drain on paper towels.