- Prep: 24 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 24 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8-10 servings
This salad chills for 24 hours before being ready to serve.
- 1 (17 ounce) can pitted sweet cherries, drained
- 2 (13 ounce) cans pinapple tidbits, drained (reserve 2 tablespoons syrup)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Old Fahioned Fruit Dressing:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- dash of salt
- 2 cups Cool Whip thawed
- To prepare the dressing, mix everything together, except the cool whip, in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly, remove and chill. Place the cool whip in a chilled bowl, fold in egg mixture.
- Mix all the fruits and marshmallow together. Toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.