- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 2 loaves
A dense banana bread recipe that makes 2 loaves. One for now, one to share or freeze!
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 2 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 loaf pans (9x5 inch)
- Mash bananas. Add eggs, mix well and set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat until combined. Add vanilla. Stir in banana mix.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Whisk to blend.
- Stir the flour mixture in with the banana mixture. Beat until well blended. Add the optional walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbles (not batter). Allow to cool before removing from pan.