- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 5-6 servings
Quick beef stroganoff recipe.
- 1 pound round steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (3 ounce) can broiled sliced mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Trim the fat from the meat and heat in a skillet. Diagonally slice the meat into thin strips. Once the fat has melted to 3 tablespoons remove the trimmings and brown the meat in the fat.
- Add 2/3 cup water and the mushrooms. Add in the soup mix and bring to a boil. Stir in the sour cream and flour. Continue to stir over heat until the mixture thickens.
- Serve over noodles.