- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The addition of bok choy, baby carrots and lemon makes this chicken stew light and elegant.
- 1 small lemon juiced and peeled, peel thinly shredded
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby carrots with tops, scrubbed, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 12-ounce jar chicken gravy v
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 heads baby bok choy, quartered
- Lemon thyme to garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once it begins to shimmer, add the chicken and brown for about 4 minutes.
- Place the carrots, gravy, mustard and water into the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and then add the bok choy.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the Dutch oven and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve the stew garnished with the shredded peel and some fresh lemon thyme.