- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Serves 8
A classic quiche is made by using rich ingredients like eggs, cream and cheese. Serve a slice of this Quiche Lorraine with a side of baby greens drizzled with Champagne vinegar vinaigrette.
- 8 slices of thickly cut bacon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter, cut into pea-sized dots
- 8-inch pastry shell
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pre-bake the pastry sheet by placing in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Wearing oven mitts, place the oven rack in the upper third of the oven.
- In a medium-sized skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy and then drain on paper towels. Allow to cool and then coarsely chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in the bacon and the cheese and mix well.
- Pour the quiche filling into the prepared pastry shell and drop pea-sized pieces of butter all over top of quiche. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes; pastry will puff out and turn golden brown on top. Rest quiche for 5 minutes and then slice and serve.