- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
Jasime Rice, also known as Thai fragrant rice, is a long-grain rice variety that has a slightly nutty aroma and light texture. Enjoy it in this recipe tossed with sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, sliced cornichons and fresh basil.
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pint yellow or red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cornichons
- 1 cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Blanch the sugar snap peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds, transfer to a cold water bath and then drain. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and then set aside.
- Cook the rice according to package directions, fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, place the oil and vinegar into a bowl and whisk together until combined. Add the rice, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, cornichons and basil. Sprinkle the mixture with a few pinches of salt and pepper and then toss well to combine.