- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 12 Servings
The addition of shrimp in these deviled eggs seasoned with dill, adds delicate flavor and attractive presentation.
- 6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 1/4-ounce) can deveined medium shrimp, rinsed, drained, reserve 12 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Fresh dill weed sprigs
- Using a sharp knife, cut the eggs crosswise in half, and carefully remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks and then add the mayonnaise, shrimp, onions, chopped dill weed, pepper, mustard, lime juice and hot pepper sauce. Stir the mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon of the egg yolk mixture into each egg white half, and then garnish with one of the reserved pieces of shrimp and a dill weed sprig.
- Refrigerate the eggs for 30 minutes before serving.