- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 6
Here's a quick and easy South of the Border recipe for chicken enchiladas. Olé!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cans chicken chunks, drained
- 1 large jalepeño, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8-ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a skillet; add onion and sauté until tender; add chopped tomato, chicken chunks, and jalepeño; cook until heated thoroughly.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds; fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and shredded cheese; roll. Place rolled tortillas in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Mix tomato sauce and salsa in bowl; pour over enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.Top with sour cream and diced tomatoes.