- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Considered the King of salads; this classic, with its fresh taste and bold flavors, never gets old.
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 11/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large hearts of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the first six ingredients and blend with a metal whisk.
- Slowly add the oil to the mixture, and continue whisking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a larger bowl, add the lettuce, croutons, cheese and dressing; toss until lettuce is thoroughly coated.