Dog digging a hole

Your dog behavior IQ test

Your dog communicates with you every day. But do you understand what he's trying to say? Test your pooch IQ to find out how well you understand what your dog is trying to tell you.

Are you a dog whisperer or a total newbie when it comes to communicating with your pet? Either way, take our dog behavior challenge to find out how well you know your dog.

More on dogs

What's a healthy weight for dogs?
Helping your dog grieve
Keeping your dog safe at the beach

Comments

Comments on "Dog behavior: What is my dog trying to tell me?"

Mindy November 06, 2013 | 8:43 AM

Something has apparently changed since the other commentors posted. The correct answers to the ones missed were given. A bit of explanation would have been nice but all in all, it was a telling exercise.

Luka July 07, 2013 | 6:54 AM

Lousy test, several questions had "none of the above is right" type answers. Hackles raised doesn't mean just that it's about to attack, my dog's hackles go up when he's happy. Showing teeth doesn't mean aggression, it also means the dog is feeling like it might be forced to bite and is trying to avoid it by showing its teeth. Dogs eat grass and lick people for multiple reasons. It's almost as if they're complex animals you can't decode with a cheat sheet...

Tristen July 05, 2013 | 3:52 AM

Wish I read the comments. :( It's really irritating to do the quiz and get one or two wrong and then NOT BE TOLD WHERE I FAILED. This is worse than standardized testing in schools and THATS hard to beat!

Olivia July 04, 2013 | 5:58 AM

I would have to agree with the other responders. The entire reason for looking at this site is to improve communication with my animal buddy. I'd love to know what I am misunderstanding!

Brooke July 02, 2013 | 3:02 PM

This survey was awful. It had potential had the correct answers been given at the end.

Diane July 01, 2013 | 5:41 AM

I also would like to know the answers so I can learn more about my dog.

emma robins June 30, 2013 | 12:44 PM

I would be very interested to find out who actually devised this questionnaire because I'm afraid that it doesn't actually give true options. it is completely generic and these answers cannot be grouped as such and as a dog trainer and behaviourist i am rather annoyed that someone who seems to have very little knowledge in Canids has the audacity to challenge others who may have little or in some cases more knowledge than the writer herself.

Doris June 30, 2013 | 4:26 AM

I enjoyed taking the test but as many others have said, I would like to know what answers I got wrong. It would allow me to learn more about my pets behavior. The heading on this page is What is my dog trying to tell me? So tell me what my dog is saying and I agree with another persons comment, that different breeds have different behavior. My Golden Retriever shows her teeth when she is playing and she is not a aggressive dog.

Alexander Wayne June 28, 2013 | 3:19 PM

This test isn't even accurate. They generalize dog breeds and you can't do that. Different breeds have different behavioral patterns in almost all of these areas.

Allison June 28, 2013 | 8:24 AM

I agree with the previous comment; I knew that I was probably wrong a lot, but I would like to see the correct answers to help me learn.

Bonnie Slater June 28, 2013 | 7:03 AM

I thought it was a good test but I would like to know which ones I got wrong so that I can learn from it. Thanks, Bonnie