10 Ways having a puppy is like having a toddler (and two ways it's not)
Nov 12, 2015
If you're putting off kids because puppies are easier, you might be making a mistake
Considering buying a puppy because it's easier than kids? Careful. There are a few things both puppy parents and toddler parents know.
1. It's totally possible to destroy a toy within five minutes of getting it
2. People may not say anything out loud, but sometimes you just
know people don't want you around
3. Cleaning up pee and poop is just another part of your everyday routine
4. The words "this is why we can't have nice things" start to become a mantra
Nothing is sacred
6. Brushing their teeth is an ordeal... Every. Single. Time.
7. You don't remember what a full night's sleep feels like
(Seriously, though… is that John Malkovich?)
8. Flavored medicine means you'll only need to trick them a little (at least the first time)
9. Everybody loves books in his or her own way
10. They'll eat you out of house and home
But that doesn't mean toddler and puppy parents have everything in common.
1. Kids don't shed enough to make a full-size replica of themselves in a month
2. Nobody ever asks you when you're going to have another puppy
More on caring for your dog
What a dog trainer can and cannot do for you How to keep your dog's fur from matting 5 Ways to keep your senior dog healthy and happy