We have all seen those shoes for dogs, and some of them are pretty goofy. Luckily, these DIY dog boots are not only easy to make, they're also pretty adorable.
What you'll need:
- Sewing machine
- Fabric pins
- 1/3 yard of fabric (water-resistant nylon or microfiber polyester recommended)
- Thread (to match the color of your fabric)
Begin by printing out this handy template.
Choose the appropriately sized template for your dog (small, medium or large), and cut out each shape (toe, sole and upper boot).
Use your cutouts as a guide to trace 4 copies onto your fabric. Once you've cut out your fabric, you should have 4 toe, 4 sole and 4 upper boot pieces.
3. Add the Velcro strips
- First, measure your dog's paw to determine what length to cut your Velcro strips.
- Cut 4 lengths of Velcro, then sew them (soft side down) onto the tabs of the upper boot pieces.
4. Sew your boots
- First, fold the top edge of an upper boot piece and sew a straight-stitch hem.
- Next, align the wide arch of a toe piece with the narrow curved edge of a sole piece. Pin and sew in place.
- Next, align the narrow arch of the toe piece with the arched portion of the upper boot piece. Pin and sew in place.
- By this point, you should begin to see the shape of the boot coming together. Using pins, connect all additional gaps and sew the remaining seams in place.
- Note: As you assemble each boot, you should be working with your fabric inside out. When all of your stitches are in place, flip the boot right side out to hide your seams.
More crafts for pets
Your dog will love this muffin tin treat game
DIY T-shirt dog toy
DIY tug toy your dog will love