On-Again Couple
Gets A New Pooch

Our favorite Man of Steel (sorry, Dean Cain) and MMA fighter-turned-actress Gina Carano have just added a new member to the family. Take a look at their adorable Akita puppy.

Henry Cavill and girlfriend Gina Carano buy a new Akita puppy

It's been quite a roller coaster for Henry Cavill and Gina Carano, who began dating in September 2012, but split in early 2013; but with newly released photos of the couple's new puppy, it looks like they're giving it another shot.

The couple was spotted at the Little Rock, Arkansas, airport on Monday, Jan. 6, and it was later revealed on an Arkansas Big Bear Akita breeder's website they were there to pick up the newest member of their pack:

We are proud to announce the newest members of the Big Bear family! Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) and Gina Carano (Fast and Furious 6) are the proud owners of a Big Bear Akita. It was so great working with Henry and getting to meet him as well as Gina was truly a treat. Both Henry and Gina are genuine and a joy to be around. It was truly an honor to add them to our extended family and [we] thank them for their patience in meeting us and our children. It's not every day that an A-list celebrity, much less 2 celebrities come to Beebe, AR to visit.

Rumor has it the couple plans to name the new pooch Kal-El (Superman's given name), but we have a few more suggestions just in case they want to go with something a little less on the wet nose.

Comic book-inspired dog names Henry Cavill might like

• Igor
  • Boots
  • Jitz
  • Bushido
  • Rocky

tell us

With filming of the Man of Steel sequel, Batman vs. Superman, scheduled to begin in February, is this a good time to bring home a new puppy? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.

More inspired pet names

Pet names inspired by sci-fi
Pet names inspired by cult films
Pet names inspired by '80s sitcoms

Photo credit: henrycavillnews via Instagram

Tags: gina carano

Comments

Comments on "Henry Cavill and girlfriend Gina Carano get a new Akita puppy"

Minnesota February 16, 2014 | 10:53 AM

Truth be told, I have no idea whom these actor/ actress are...and I really don't care. What caught my eye, was AKITA. I was once a very proud owner of an Akita, female names Keija Jean. They really are one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen. However, they are very stubborn and can be quite aggressive...mostly with dog and other animals, but I would still watch them around small children. I socialize my dog very aggressively and she still showed aggression to certain dog and and small kids (not of my own) that where "in her face". I think with a lot of time and a whole lot of socialization, you will probably have yourselves a wonderful pet. Just make sure that you have the puppy around all kind of people (old and young) and a variety of animals, not just dogs and you should have a well rounded Akita. Good luck. Some asked me if I would get another one and that is a hard question...I really LOVE the look of an Akita, but the aggressiveness and the uncertainly of the breed; I would say no. I like to be able to take my dog to a park and not have to worry about what she might attack. I am still very happy tho that I gave my Akita a try and I did love her so much. She did bring 14 1/2 years of happiness to our lives. BTW, it has nothing to do with the breeds size; that I loved. I now am a proud owner of an English Mastiff puppy that is expected to get to be 200 lbs (parents weighed that). Have fun with your new family member :).

Mikah January 19, 2014 | 9:45 PM

Awww! My boyfriend has an Akita and his name is Loki! Nice suggestion :)

Really January 13, 2014 | 6:35 AM

I see the trolls have already spreaded their nonsense. I don't know why people can't keep their lack of proof comments to themselves. What does Henry Cavill getting a dog have to do with his private life. The ones i see that needs the therapy are: The Facts Of Life, Darjeeli and Reality Is Alive. I find it in very bad taste for people who start comments about a celebrity's personal life that does not pertain to the article itself. People like you need to turn to God for help and ask yourself why do you keep trying to single out Henry Cavill all the time a story is written about him. Get a life.

laura January 11, 2014 | 5:41 PM

For The Facts Of Life and Darjeeli, you two need therapy. You are all over the place with your sick comments. Why come on this comment board and start commenting rumors about Henry. This ---- is getting way too old for haters and non fans of Henry's. Henry is a decent actor who has put his hard work into his role as Superman and this is the disrespectful comments he's getting from people all over the internet. If you don't like a celebrity, you should not be coming on these boards and hating on the person. My suggestion to you is get a life.

Darjeeli January 11, 2014 | 3:34 PM

Henry Caville is a long known and accepted homoual, so their being a couple is at best a marketing failure of ridiculous and humiliating extremes.

THE FACTS OF LIFE January 11, 2014 | 2:38 PM

HOMOUAL CAVIL has a new beard and the public isn't buying this dog. HAHA HAHA CAVIL

Linda January 10, 2014 | 5:45 AM

Ohhhhh to be that dog, sat there right on Henry's lap...... mmmm

Laura January 10, 2014 | 5:04 AM

I don't know why people are making such a big deal about where Henry and Gina got the dog. People can get dogs from anywhere, as long as they love the dog and not mistreat them. It's nice to see Henry happy for a change. Things did not pan out well for him in the past summer with a certain person, i am not going to name any names. Henry, you are truly a wonderful person inside and out. Don't let haters or magazine reporters get to you with hateful and negative remarks. I see you as a talented actor who worked so hard to get where your at and not by doing pr things to get ahead or attention. This is coming from a true fan. I hope things work out for you and Gina.

Akita January 10, 2014 | 4:43 AM

The narrative of the haters now is to that say Henry and Gina should have gotten their dog at an animal shelter--and to shame them because they got their dog at a reputable breeder who refers to her dogs as her children. The haters have posted this narrative on several internet sites.

Sapphire January 09, 2014 | 11:29 PM

I love Henry and really like Gina....but it's disappointing that they chose to go to a breeder to get a puppy. Yeah, I know there are some reputable breeders out there, but I know there are twice as many who aren't. The fact H. and G. went to this persons home??, place of business?,( what it sounds like) is better than them ordering the puppy off of the internet, or picking him up at some arranged location. There are tons of puppies and adult dogs, (including pure-breeds), at local shelters all over this country, (and cats and kittens), that are desperate for homes...and don't require large sums of money to obtain. Enormous numbers of them are killed everyday...all they wanted, was someone to want them. I wish they would have adopted one. Sometimes it takes awhile to be enlightened.

Ann Silver January 09, 2014 | 11:35 AM

I LOVE Henry Cavill! He is the handsomest man I have seen in a movie in YEARS! And I love it that he is NICE as well. His girlfriend also seems SUPER. It's amazing that she cage fights and knocks people out for a living! Good for her! I am so jealous of her though! He is my dream man and she has my dream life! Best wishes to them both. They make a great couple and they should get married and have many incredibly fit and attractive children!!