Gift Boxes For Dogs
Subscription services are all the rage, offering convenient delivery of everything from lipstick to laundry detergent. Now pet parents can now spoil their furry friends with a monthly shipment of treats and toys. The best part? You and your dog will be surprised with an assortment of fun, natural and unique products in every package. Here are a few of our favorites.
With more than 100,000 Facebook followers, BarkBox is the "big dog" when it comes to pet subscription companies. BarkBox donates at least 10 percent of profits to shelters, rescues and animal welfare organizations.
- Types of products: Toys, bones, all-natural treats, hygiene products and innovative new gadgets. All treats are sourced from the U.S. and Canada, and chews are sourced from the U.S., Canada, South America, Australia and New Zealand. Chews do not include rawhide (or anything processed with formaldehyde). Minimal processing, with no glycerin whenever possible; wheat, gluten, soy, corn, filler-free whenever possible. Treats are organic whenever possible.
- Number of products per box: Four or more
- Customization: Boxes for three sizes of dogs
- Cost: $29 for one month, $23 per month for three months or $19 per month for six months. Free shipping for all.
Founded in 2012, BestFriendBox delivers a beautifully packaged box of goodies containing an information card with details on the box's contents. Like BarkBox, BestFriendBox donates 10 percent of all proceeds to help animals in need.
Get a 20 percent discount off any BestFriendBox subscription (when signing up for the first box) using code BFB21.
- Types of products: All natural and vet-approved treats, toys and grooming supplies
- Number of products per box: Three to six
- Customization: Boxes for three sizes of dogs or cats.
- Cost: $30 per month; free shipping.
Pawalla offers the highest level of choice and customization, with two box sizes and all-natural or organic products hand-selected by a pet nutritionist to suit both your pet's size and age.
Get $6 off your first month at Pawalla with the code sheknows6. Expires July 31, 2013.
- Types of products: Wet food, treats, supplements or vitamins, essentials, and a toy
- Number of products per box: Four to five products in Mini box, seven to nine products in Deluxe box
- Customization: Customized to cat or dog's life-stage and size.
- Cost: Mini: $20 for one month or $18 per month for six months. Deluxe: $30 for one month or $28 per month for six months. Free shipping for all.
Not ready to invest in a shipment of full-size mystery products? Pawbox lets you sample a variety of trial size products for a low monthly fee.
- Types of products: Samples of food, treats, supplement, grooming and toys
- Number of products: Five miniature-size products
- Customization: Cat or dog
- Cost: $10 for one month, $30 for three months or $110 for 12 months. Includes shipping and handling.
More on dogs
Dog food options for your dog's diet
The perfect gear for your outdoor adventures
5 Dog beds to pamper your furry baby