A recent survey conducted by GE Generator Systems showed 55 percent of American families are not prepared for emergency situations. With the recent observance of September National Preparedness Month and winter weather looming ahead, now is a critical time for families to prepare for emergencies. Assembling an emergency preparedness kit, stocking up on supplies and having a family plan in place are simple precautions that can ease the stress of an emergency-situation.
To help families prepare, GE Generator Systems is sponsoring the giveaway of five Red Cross emergency preparedness kits.
- Backpack with additional pouches
- Battery Powered Flashlight
- 2D Cell Batteries
- Battery Powered Water Resistant AM/FM Radio
- 3 - AAA Batteries
- Portfolio product includes blanket, towelettes, and FA supplies
- Emergency Blanket(reflective, 4.5′×7′)
- Moist towelettes (individually wrapped)
- First Aid Supplies
- 10 - Adhesive Bandages 3/4" x 3"
- 1 - Fingertip Bandages Fabric
- 1 - Knuckle Bandages Fabric
- 5 - Adhesive Bandages Plastic1” x 3” Plastic
- 5 - Adhesive Bandages 3/8” x 1.5” Plastic
- 1 - Adhesive Bandage 2" x 4.5"
- 2 - Non-Adherent Pad 2" x 3"
- 1 - Nitrile gloves pr.
- 1 - Rolled Gauze 2" x 4yds. Wrapped
- 4 - Sterile Gauze Pads 3"x3"
- 1 - First Aid Tape 1/2" x 2.5yds.
- 1 - Tweezers 5"
- 10 - BZK Towelettes Bulk
- Pen Light
- Datrex Food Packets - Total of 2,4 00 Cal (5 year shelf life, approved by U.S.C.G.)
- Comfort Sub Kit - Includes: Tooth Brush & Toothpaste, Shampoo, Lotion, Soap, Razor(Single Blade), Deodorant, 12*12 Wash Cloth, Comb, Re-Closable Bag or meshshower bag
- Procedural breathing mask
- Rain Poncho (adult sized)
- Small Roll of Duct Tape(2″×30 yards)
- Datrex Water Pouches- Total of 2 Quarts (5 year shelf life, approved by U.S.C.G.)
- Water Container (2.5 gallon capacity)
- Hard Plastic "Pealess" Whistle
- 6 - Cleansing Towelette (Hand sanitizer) 0.9oz
- Label on the backpack
GE Red Cross Emergency Kits
|Number of prizes:
|Contest start date:
||October 05, 2012
|Contest end date:
||November 05, 2012
US residents 18 & over