Fun Friendship Bracelets
Friendship bracelets are a summer camp tradition, and a fun way to remember friends even when they are far away. Help your child make a friendship bracelet to give to his or her best friend this summer.
What you'll need:
- 5-millimeter multicolored beads
- jewelry-making string
What you'll do:
- Cut two lengths of string that are both 2 feet long.
- Tie the two strings together at one end, about 2 inches from the end of the strings.
- Put four beads of the same color on to one strand of the jewelry string, and slide them all the way up toward the knot.
- Feed the other strand of jewelry string through the beads going the opposite direction as the first strand. Pull both strands tight.
- Add a second row with a different color of beads by repeating steps 3 and 4.
- Keep adding rows, alternating colors, until your bracelet reaches the desired length.
- Tie a knot in the end of the bracelet. Leave another 2 inches on the other side of the knot and trim away any excess string.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the two ends of the bracelet together to keep it in place.
More summer camp crafts for kids
Dream catcher necklace craft
Tin can wind chime
DIY God's eye