Top Celebrity
Mom Tweets

What were on the minds and Twitter feeds of some of our favorite celebrity moms? First Lady Michelle Obama unveiled her new Twitter handle — and her new hairdo! New mom Adele tweets her excitement at the Golden Globes, while Kim Kardashian chats maternity style. Nicole Richie and Busy Philipps round out our list of top celebrity tweets of the week.

Michelle Obama twitterMichelle Obama

In honor of Michelle Obama’s 49th birthday, the First Lady revealed her new Twitter account — @FLOTUS (which stands for First Lady of the United States).

At recent count, she already has over 48,000 followers and is following 15 people. Her first tweet read:

“The @FLOTUS Office is now on @twitter & will post updates & pics. When it's her, she'll sign -mo. PS: RT to wish Mrs. Obama a #HappyBirthday.”

Her next tweet unveiled her new haircut with bangs!

“The First Lady just met with Inaugural citizen co-chair David Hall ahead of #MLKDay of Service,” the tweet read, with a link to the following photo.

We are still waiting from the first official tweet from the first lady herself. Do you plan on following The First Lady on Twitter?

Adele

New mom Adele picked up Best Original Song at the Golden Globe Awards for her work on James Bond with her song "Skyfall."

It sounded like the singer, who gave birth to her son 12 weeks ago, was a little starstruck!

“Oh my god I feel like Meryl Streep!! Thank you,” she tweeted.

Followed by: “I just met Daniel fu**ing Day Lewis!!!”

Her acceptance speech was just as colorful, as she said, "Oh my God. Oh my God. Honestly, I've come out for a night out with my friend Ayda. We're new Mums. We've literally come for a night out, I was not expecting this.”

No word on Adele's Twitter feed as to the name of her son. This mum... is staying mum!

Kim Kardashian

Pregnant Kim Kardashian

It sounds like newly pregnant Kim Kardashian is enjoying this new phase in her life. “Looking up baby websites with @jOYCEBONELLi...oh how times have changed! I remember when we were single roomies just a few years ago!” she tweeted. “I love life!”

Kardashian, who is reportedly around 14 weeks pregnant (due in July!) with Kanye West’s baby, is having fun dressing her new pregnancy curves.

“Chic, effortless and comfy!” she tweeted, with a link to this photo at the airport.

“I have never ever in my life overslept! But I was supposed to leave for my 7.40am flight to NYC at 6am and my home gate rang at 6.30am!!!!! The driver was asking where I was! I have never had my alarm not go off. I rushed to the car, thank GOD I was packed. I didn’t even brush my teeth or wash my face! I bought a toothbrush into the lounge and brushed my teeth!" she wrote.

"Style Snapshot: I love this drapey look! So chic. I’m wearing a Margiela dress and an Ann Demeulemeester jacket with Alexander Wang boots. So easy and effortless and COMFY!”

She also addressed the rumors that she and Kanye just purchased a $4.5 million dollar home in Bel-Air.

“So funny when you see magazines & photos online of this new home that's supposedly mine but its the wrong house! LOL” she wrote.

Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie is one of my favorite celebrity moms on Twitter because she is pretty darn hilarious.

"'It's 8:30am & I've already gotten into 5 fights' - thugs, and parents of toddlers,” she tweeted.

“I'd hit it,” she later wrote, with a link to a photo of her husband Joel Madden.

“2012 was a year of learning the importance of family loyalty... via The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” she tweeted.

And one more gem:

“Telling people you're on a juice cleanse is a perfect way to make sure everyone is visualizing you having diarrhea.”

Busy Philipps

"I wonder if Michelle Obama is like me and INSTANTLY regretted cutting those bangs??" tweeted Cougar Town star Busy Philipps, who is currently pregnant with her second child.

Crafty mom alert! "I have to make a dress out of recycled materials for my kid's preschool's Project Runway like assignment. I'm currently fusing plastic bags," she wrote, saying she will "post a pic of the finished dress."

"Flying back to LA today, using SO much hand sanitizer & have shoved SO MUCH Aquaphor up my nose, if this flu gets me, I deserve it...," she tweeted, followed by:

"Guys, Jeff Bridges is on my plane doing stretches in the front galley. The Dude is stretching it out! I love him! This is amazing..."

From Megan Fox to Snooki, check out more funny, sweet and wacky celebrity mom tweets here >>

Photo: Johnny Louis/wenn

Comments

Comments on "Mommy tweets: Michelle Obama, Adele, Kim Kardashian"

????`???????H710 October 31, 2013 | 12:56 AM

The Washington region has a much smaller middle class,000 a year instead of $22, which received a $19 million grant "It is shocking It is absolutely shocking"The organizations all in states where the federal government will be setting up insurance marketplaces are already under a difficult time crunch with just six weeks from the time they received the grants to hire train and prepareoutreach work forces "Was this an attempt by members of the committee to basically stop and slow down the navigator process" Hamler-Fugitt says "Were going to stop now and pull together voluminous documents to provide back to the committee"Some of those documents dont yet exist she says "We werent required to provide position papers salary ranges privacy policies or procedures You dont do that until you know that you got the award"The Obama administration used stronger language in describing the letter last week characterizing it as a "blatant and shameful attempt to intimidate"The letter says the Energy and Commerce Committee is seeking the information "in order to better understand the work that you will perform as a Navigator and the consumer protections that will be in place before open enrollment begins"The committee also requested copies of all communications between the navigator groups and any government agency about the grant "Its going to be very very time consuming at the very time were trying to get our [organization running] No ones even been hired yet" Hamler-Fugitt adds "Not one penny has been drawn on this grant" Some of the smaller nonprofits that are part of the food banks network of local organizations slated to do the outreach she says may withdraw from the program entirely The letters dated Aug 29 were emailed to organizations that won grants about two weeks earlier in Arizona Florida Georgia Indiana Louisiana Missouri New Jersey North Carolina Ohio Pennsylvania and Texas Those states make up just over 60 percent of the total grants for the program The letters were sent to all the organizations receiving grants in these states "to achieve a broad sampling"Kathleen Gmeiner a project director at the a state advocacy group questioned the need for oversight from the committee at this point because there hasnt even been time for wrongdoing on the part of grantees And compiling all of the requested documents Gmeiner says will "take at least one of their administrative people completely out of commission from doing what theyre supposed to be doing"Anne Dunkelberg associate director of the Center for Public Policy Priorities in Texas says the letters are inappropriate and represent a congressional overreach into the relationship between the federal government and contractors "This is as if a congressional committee had sent a letter to every doctor in Texas who takes Medicare" she says "These are organizations that are used to being completely buffered from politics Its not their bailiwick to get caught up in some kind of political show"Patsy Dowling is the executive director of a 130-employee nonprofit that won a $360000 grant The group provides Head Start classes housing assistance and senior programs to rural residents of Western North Carolina Dowlings been working with government grants for 20 years but this is the first time shes ever received a direct inquiry from Congress "Its a lot of red tape" she said Wednesday right after her initial orientation call with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services "To be honest I dont know that I have everything" Nonetheless she says shes determined to continue moving forward on the grant and says shell be working overtime this week and over the weekend to compile the necessary documents is an editorially independent program of the Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation a nonprofit nonpartisan health policy research and communications organization not affiliated with Kaiser Permanente our great friend, Hes treating Israel the same way so many European countries have: with suspicion.obesity declined among low-income preschoolers in 19 states and U. for poor kids enrolled in a federal nutrition program. we call on Congress to suspend military assistance to Egypt until such time as:The United States should use its influence to ensure that no international lending agencies provide financing to the government of Egypt until these conditions are met.

chaussures ugg October 28, 2013 | 12:50 AM

AKVIS ArtWork associe les technologies avanc??es avec une approche artistique, cest un outil parfait pour lexpression de votre cr??ativit??.Microsoft ne devra toutefois pas d??mesur??ment compter sur les ventes de sa propre tablette (la Surface sous architecture microprocesseur ARM et Windows RT), la nature desdites licences reste floue. Eutelsat, : +33-1-53-98-38-88 voconnor@eutelsat. vient de boucler un quatri??me tour de table de 1, la jeune pousse fran?Chrome 30.0.

New Balance 2013 October 28, 2013 | 12:31 AM

Though it??s pushing hard for authorization to launch missiles into Syria It also updates what??s called the target list. Jack Kemp (R-N. which appears in the 1989 book ", which were created more than 30 years ago by beaver dams. which reached its highest level in the 1980s. Pat N. "Zits"NEWSPAPER PANEL CARTOONSTony Carrillo,He told her that because she was nearly 40 years old, After a second visit.

Lauren January 18, 2013 | 11:01 AM

I'm definitely really excited for Kim Kardashian! I think she'll be a great mom.

Shannon January 18, 2013 | 11:01 AM

Hahaha about Nicole Richie's tweets! Hilarious! I'm going to have to start following her on Twitter.