Hosting a Super Bowl party this year? Little ones aren't always as into the big game as Mom and Dad might be. Keep the kids occupied and part of the action with these fun Super Bowl crafts for kids.
Help little ones get excited about the biggest football game of the year with these fun football crafts that are perfect for any age!
Paper football and field goal
- Brown construction paper
- Liquid Paper or Wite-Out
- 4 craft sticks
- Yellow paint
- Cut the brown construction paper in half lengthwise, then fold it in half lengthwise so that you have a long, thin piece of paper.
- Hold the paper vertically and fold the bottom corner up to make a triangle.
- Keep folding the paper making triangles until you run out of paper to fold. Tape the paper football to secure it in place.
- Use Liquid Paper or Wite-Out to paint the laces on the paper football.
- Make the field goal by gluing 3 of the craft sticks together to make a "U" shape, then add the fourth stick to the bottom of the "U" to make the field goal.
- Allow the glue to dry, then paint the field goal with yellow paint.
- Once the glue is dry, have the kids practice ways of getting the paper football through the field goal.
Paper plate football craft
- Paper plate
- Brown paint
- Hole punch
- Paint brush
- White string or cord
- Paint the back side of the paper plate so that it is completely covered with brown paint.
- Let the paint dry completely, then cut the paper plate in half.
- Use the hole punch to make holes along the cut edge of both halves of the paper plate.
- Cut a piece of string or cord that is approximately 2 feet long. String the cord in and out of the holes to lace up the paper plate football.
Construction paper jerseys
- Construction paper
- Craft sticks
- Draw the outline of a football jersey onto a piece of construction paper, then cut it out.
- Glue the jersey to a craft stick, then let the glue dry.
- Draw and cut out numbers from a different color of construction paper — it can be your child's favorite number, or the jersey number of their favorite player.
- Glue the numbers to the jersey. You can also have your child write their name, or the name of their favorite player on the jersey.
Felt football pennants
- Assorted colors of felt
- Cut out a triangle shape from the felt to form the pennant.
- Cut out various shapes and letters to decorate the pennant. You can cut out your favorite team's name, or cut out footballs, helmets and field goals for your football-themed pennant.
- Glue the felt shapes to the pennant, then set the pennants aside to allow the glue to dry.
More fun crafts for kids
4 Wine cork crafts for kids
DIY crafts for kids
5 Soda bottle crafts for kids