Fun Crafts For Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to get crafty with your kiddos. Kids of all ages will enjoy creating these easy and fun Valentine's crafts!
Tissue paper lantern
- Glass jar
- White tissue paper
- Pink tissue paper
- Small bowl
- Paint brush
- Remove any labels and thoroughly clean your glass jar.
- Cut the white tissue paper into 1-inch squares.
- Cut the pink tissue paper into heart shapes of assorted sizes.
- Make a 50/50 solution of glue and water in the small bowl.
- Paint the glue mixture over the entire glass jar.
- Cover the glass jar with the squares of white tissue paper, overlapping the squares so that the whole jar is covered.
- Paint over the white tissue paper with a layer of the glue mixture, then press the pink hearts on to the jar.
- Paint over the hearts with the glue mixture, then allow the jar to dry.
- Once the glue is completely dry, put a candle inside the jar and light it.
DIY heart-shaped window clings
- Assorted colors of puffy paint
- Wax paper
- Tear off a piece of wax paper that is larger than you want your window cling to be.
- Tape the wax paper to the table so that it doesn't shift while you are working.
- Draw a heart shape on the wax paper, and fill in the heart with a design like stripes or swirls.
- Trace over your drawing with the puffy paint. Be generous with the amount of puffy paint you use — you want nice thick lines of puffy paint.
- Allow the paint to dry for several hours, then carefully peel the heart away from the wax paper.
- Press the puffy paint heart firmly onto your glass window.
Paper tube love bug
- Toilet paper tube
- Craft paint
- Paint brush
- Construction paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Paint the paper tube with the craft paint and set it aside to dry.
- Once the paint is dry, glue two googly eyes on to the tube and draw a smile with a marker.
- Cut two large hearts and two small hearts out of the construction paper. Glue the small hearts on top of the large hearts.
- Glue the hearts to the back of the paper tube to form wings.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half, and curl one end of each pipe cleaner around your finger.
- Glue the pipe cleaners to the inside of the top of the toilet paper tube to form the antennae.
Paper heart chain
- 3 sheets of valentine colored card stock
- Cut the sheets of card stock crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Fold each strip in half to make a crease. This crease will make the bottom of the heart.
- Curl the two ends of one strip in to form the heart shape and staple in place.
- Take another strip and feed one side of it through your first heart, then staple it just like you did with the first heart.
- Continue adding hearts to the chain until you have used all of your paper strips.
More Valentine's Day crafts
Valentine's crafts for kids
3 Fabulous homemade Valentine's Day crafts
Fun kid's crafts for Valentine's Day