3 Fun Crafts For The Festival Of Lights
Help your kids embrace the traditions of Hanukkah with these fun and easy Hanukkah themed craft ideas!
Felt dreidel banner
- Assorted colors of felt
- Craft glue
- Use your pen to draw a dreidel shape onto a piece of felt. Cut out the shape with scissors, then use it as a template to trace the other dreidels for your banner. Cut out eight felt dreidels total.
- Cut out circles, squares and triangles from various colors of felt.
- Decorate the dreidels with the felt shapes. Use craft glue to glue the felt shapes in place.
- Cut a piece of string approximately 6 feet long. Glue the dreidels to the string and lay them flat until they are completely dry.
- Hang the banner and secure it in place with tape.
Craft stick Star of David
- 6 Craft sticks
- Blue paint
- Paint brush
- Glue three of the craft sticks together to make a triangle. Do the same with the remaining three sticks.
- Turn one triangle upside down and set it on top of the other triangle to form the Star of David. Glue the two triangles together.
- Paint the star blue and then allow it to dry completely.
- Cut a 6-inch piece of ribbon. Tie it at the top of the star, then use the ribbon to hang it.
- Card stock
- Blue paint
- Yellow paint
- Dip your child's hands in the blue paint.
- Make two hand prints on the card stock, overlapping the thumbs to form the menorah.
- Wash your child's hands.
- Have your child dip his thumb in the yellow paint. Put a yellow thumb print at the top of each blue finger to make the "flame" for the hand print menorah.
More fun crafts for kids
DIY crafts for kids
5 Fun popsicle stick crafts