Zen baby names are unique and cool – and some may even say they are enlightened. From names with peaceful meanings to names that make us go "Om," grab your yoga mat and meditate on our picks of baby names perfect for your little Buddha baby. Namaste.
Zen baby names have a peaceful and enlightened sound to them. Let your intuition be your guide when choosing the perfect name for your baby boy or baby girl.
“The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step,” said Zen philosopher Lao Tzu. With that being said, let’s take that first step.
Baby names with Zen meanings
The following baby names are not only unique, but they have wonderful Zen meanings.
Zen boy names
- Pax or Paxton: Boy name of English origin that means, “from the peaceful farm”
- Casimiro: Spanish name meaning “peaceful”
- Langundo: Native American name meaning “peaceful”
- Shalom: Hebrew name meaning “peaceful”
- Tormey: Irish name meaning “thunder spirit”
- Frederico: Italian name meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Caden: Welsh name meaning “spirit of battle”
- Fritz: German name meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Rinji: Japanese name meaning “peaceful forest”
- Geoffrey: English name meaning “peaceful"
- Hubbard: German name meaning “graceful”
- Tully: Gaelic name meaning “peaceful”
Zen girl names
- Tullia: Irish name meaning “peaceful”
- Winifred: German name meaning “peaceful friend”
- Frederica: German name meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Enid: Celtic name meaning “spirit”
- Frieda: English name meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Fredda: German name meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Chana: Hebrew name meaning “graceful”
- Engracia: Spanish name meaning “graceful”
- Ethna: Irish name meaning “graceful”
- Keavy: Irish name meaning “graceful”
- Kachina: Native American name that means “spirit”
Names that make us go “Om”
We love the Zen quality of the following baby names. Some of these names are unisex and can be used for both girls and boys. These names are perfect for parents looking for a unique baby name. You can also consider using these Zen names as a middle name.
Famous Buddhist monk
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is one of the most famous modern Buddhists – and even has a twitter account! The name Dalai would make a unique name, or you could use a variation of the name, such as Dalaiah or Dalair.
More baby name ideas
Spiritual baby names
Girl names with great meanings
Boy names with great meanings