Exposing Your Belly

Jessica Simpson just did it on the cover of Elle magazine, and she looked gorgeous! Would you feel comfortable baring it all -- while pregnant?

Moms facing off this week

Audrey McClelland, founder of Mom Generations and mom of 4, and Kadi Prescott, founder of Our Seven Seeds and mom of 7.

The scenario

You're due to have your baby in a few weeks.

You can't see your toes.

You can't bend down.

You're doing the waddle walk.

There's not much left that fits you in your closet.

And truthfully, you just want this baby out! It's time!

Are you feeling beautiful? Are you feeling sexy? Are you feeling confident?

It's different for everyone...

Question:  Would you pose naked while pregnant like Jessica Simpson?

Latest celebrity moms who are expecting >>

Audrey McClelland

Mom Generations

@AudreyMcClellan

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think I would. It's funny because I'm usually pretty open about everything. I don't know why, but I just wouldn't feel comfortable posing nude.

Jessica Simpson looked incredible -- she owned that cover of Elle magazine, but I just don't think I could ever do it. I never really felt sexy and beautiful during my four pregnancies. I didn't mind my husband seeing me nude, but I definitely would draw the line with him. I wasn't keen on even wearing a bathing suit when I was pregnant -- and I was pregnant during the summer!

I give Jessica Simpson credit, but I couldn't do it. I'd keep my belly all to myself and my husband.

Kadi Prescott

Our Seven Seeds

@KadiPrescott

Yes, I would. I think the human body is a beautiful thing. A piece of art, created by the Master Himself.

Nudity, when depicted tastefully, is nothing to freak out about. I have limits as to what I would show, of course. By the time my seventh baby was born, I felt like every nurse or doctor in the state of California had seen my naked body anyway.

I've also never been very modest. Being pregnant was always so empowering. I felt like I was so full of life. My hair was healthy, my face was glowing, my curves were hot. I always felt sexy during pregnancy. So did my husband. I guess that is why we didn't have much of a break between kids. LOL!

More on celebrity pregnancy

Jessica Simpson: I'm going to be a mummy
Top 10 Stylish pregnant celebrity celebrities
Naked Octomom wants you to know she's a fab mom

Comments

Comments on "Mom Blogger Face-off: Would you pose naked while pregnant like Jessica Simpson?"

Luis June 03, 2012 | 7:57 PM

great post Elisabeth, I love the last shot, it gave me a smile!In my small experience with fmaliies, but 25 years with kids, they'll feed off your energy. Jokes are good and a mild Poopy joke will make all pre-schoolers laugh. In a tasteful way, I don't leap right into that but it works in the right moment. Maybe the size of an elephant vs the size of a mouse?I found on shoots some space away with kids helped to. , it We can chat helped and even my cousin of all people yelling, bribing over my shoulder made everything worse, but after a short but major melt down we were back in bussiness and got the shots, by chatting with the kids alone. I'm going to use your uncle joe line. Sometimes saying just a litttle smile or a nice big one for Mom! Kelly

Rossy June 02, 2012 | 5:20 AM

If the child is at least 3 years and up and they are acting up or gitetng nervous because there parents keep saying don't smile like that I always tell the kids does mommy and daddy need to go to time out They always think this is the funniest thing ever and it kinda lightens the mood of and entire shoot. Plus it really helps the parents take a deep breath and calm down I play the name game with the kids too. They always love it cause we usually start out with there mommys or daddies names. Also sometimes if a child is really shy i say hey lets go on a treasure hunt and we walk around for a few minutes and find flowers, rocks, or sticks. And as soon as I see they are comfortable I start shooting away lolI always have kids at the end telling me they wanna come back and play with me again its really cute.

NerdMom April 10, 2012 | 3:34 PM

One of the things to remember.... She was airbrushed!!! I wouldn't feel comfortable on the cover of a magazine not preggo but that said. If you could airbrush out every thing, why not;)?

lilly April 09, 2012 | 5:14 PM

also, i dont understand this "real woman" crap. unless you are a tranny or a drag queen ur pretty much a real woman.

lilly April 09, 2012 | 5:11 PM

air brushed, photo shopped, extensions in. not like it was "natural". get real.

Juliana April 09, 2012 | 4:49 PM

Hell to the no! I'm with you Audrey, and I'm no prude. If it was for a photo or keepsake that was to be shared only for my husband, then perhaps but the question was "like Jessica Simpson" which to me means national coverage. Plus it been done how many times before now? When Demi first did it on Vanity Fair it was new and shocking...and it meant something because women and their pregnancies were concealed and the pregnant form was taboo. Then Britney Spears did it too... It's a bit "done"...no? Isn't there a new take?

Melinda April 05, 2012 | 10:34 AM

If I looked good and not just swollen and stretchmarked up then yes. There are always guidelines but a pregnant belly is beautiful.

@SheenaTatum April 05, 2012 | 9:55 AM

It's something about being pregnant that makes me feel ier, like a REAL woman. I'd do it in a heartbeat! It would of course have to be totally professional - magazine worthy!

Clarissa Nassar April 05, 2012 | 9:26 AM

I'd do it! Audrey I understand where you are coming from though-- I didn't feel y with my 1st pregnancy, but then the other 2 I was WAY feeling hottttt lol