The High Chair Showdown
Whether your baby is ready for solid foods at four month, six months or just wants to be included in family time around the dinner table, you’ll need a good high chair at some point. But which one is right for your baby, your needs and your house? Here are some our favorite high chairs to help you decide.
Chicco Polly Double Pad High Chair
- For use up to 37 pounds
- Price: $150
Known as one of the easiest high chairs to use, the Chicco Polly has a slim fold and convenient functions for parents and children.
- Easily accessible color-coded buttons guide parents to quickly adjust the seat's seven height positions and one-handed, three reclining positions.
- The Polly comes with two phthalate-free, cushioned seat pads, which makes cleaning the high chair simple and practical for parents.
- The height-adjustable footrest accommodates growing children.
- The tray on the Polly adjusts and removes easily with one hand.
- The Polly high chair tray is dishwasher-safe and comes with a tray insert, which allows parents to alternate the trays between meals and snack time.
- 5-point harness.
- Wheel brakes.
- Phthalate-free vinyl seat pads.
Stokke Tripp Trapp
- For use from six months to adult
- Price: $220
The Stokke Tripp Trapp is a sleek, modern and practical high chair that grows with your child over the years and is available in a wide range of colors to fit your home and your unique style.
- The footrest and seat bottom are height and depth adjustable, making the Tripp Trapp ergonomic and comfortable for your growing child.
- The simple design makes the Tripp Trapp high chair extremely easy to clean.
- The large seat and wide footrest allow children to adjust their position naturally while seated at the family table.
- The Tripp Trapp does not come with a tray but there is a Playtray accessory that can be used with the Stokke Tripp Trapp.
- Made of eco-friendly, natural, cultivated beech wood.
- No-tip Stokke Extended Gliders.
- Suitable from six or eight months to 18 months with the use of the Baby Set, optional Cushion Set and 5-point harness.
- Suitable from 18 months to three years with the use of the 5-point harness.
- The seat is to be used with the 5-point harness until approximately age three.
BabyBjorn High Chair
- For use from six months to 3 years
- Price: $300
The ergonomic and extremely easy-to-clean BabyBjorn high chair is perfect for modern and tight spaces and travels well due to its compact size.
- The seat and footrest on the BabyBjorn high chair are one piece.
- There are no seams, cushions or cracks, making it one of the easiest high chairs to clean.
- The ergonomic seat keeps baby supported and sitting upright.
- The footrest on the BabyBjorn high chair is attached and not adjustable.
- The rounded tray has three sliding positions for a customized fit, which helps keep food messes to a minimum and keeps baby supported properly.
- The snap off tray is dishwasher-safe and allows parents to alternate the two trays between meals and snack time.
- The tray is attached to the seat, which prevents the high chair from being pushed up to the family table.
- 3-point harness.
- No: PVC, phthalates, cadmium, lead or bromine.
- Made from recycled plastic.
Valco Baby Astro High Chair
- For use from six months to 44 pounds
- Price: $150
The Valco Baby Astro is a stable yet extremely lightweight high chair with a compact and easy fold that is out of this world.
- The non-adjustable seat comfortably cradles children six months and older.
- The seat is extremely easy to wipe clean after a messy meal.
- Folding the Astro is simple and once folded, this lightweight high chair is one of the easiest to travel with due to its low weight and compact size.
- The large, deep tray helps to contain food and is easy to clean.
- The dishwasher-safe tray removes easily with the use of two hands.
- Dual safety locks.
- Locking fold.
- Stable frame.
- 5-point harness.
Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best
- For use up to 45 pounds
- Price: $225
If you're looking for a high chair with all the bells and whistles, the Prima Pappa Best is one to consider.
- The stain-resistant, tailored, soft-touch seat keeps baby comfortable.
- The back of the seat has a mesh storage pocket perfect for bibs and other small feeding essentials.
- The footrest adjusts to three different heights for growing children.
- The seven height positions and unique tilt-in-space feature with four reclining positions make feeding easy and convenient.
- Folds easily for storage.
- The two-layered tray is dishwasher-safe and can be removed fully for high chair use against the family table.
- The tray removes and adjusts with one hand.
- The tray can be stored on the back legs when not in use or while stored and folded.
- Non-scratch rubber wheels with brakes.
- 5-point harness.
Carter's Whisper Classic Comfort High Chair
- For use from six months to three years
- Price: $140
The Carter's Whisper Classic Comfort high chair has practical features and a classic wood finish that compliments any home decor.
- The seat has a three-position recline for easy infant feeding.
- The non-adjustable footrest provides children with a comfortable place to rest their feet.
- The soft, oversized, removable seat pad is easy to clean.
- The one-handed tray is adjustable from the front or with two hands from the sides.
- The main tray has a dishwasher-safe insert that snaps into the large tray.
- The tray removes fully to expose a smaller attached tray perfect for snacks.
More baby gear comparisons
Infant car seats: Which one is right for you?
Convertible car seats: Which one is right for you?
Booster seats: Which one is right for you?