The Car Booster Seat Showdown
Booster seats should be the talk of the town (or the home) when it comes to safely securing your older child in a vehicle, but which one is right for you? Check out some of our favorite booster seats to see if they fit well for your car and child -- and don't forget to check your state laws.
Britax Parkway SGL Booster Seat
- Weight range: 40 – 120 pounds
- Height range with backrest: 38 – 63 inches
- Weight of booster seat with backrest: 9.72 pounds
- Weight of booster seat without backrest: 5.1 pounds
- Price: $150
- The Britax Parkway SGL booster seat has an ISOFLEX flexible lower LATCH connection system that keeps the booster securely attached to the vehicle at all times. The use of a booster seat LATCH system stabilizes the booster in the event of an accident and prevents a booster seat from becoming a projectile item when not in use.
- The SecureGuard system on the Parkway SGL works in conjunction with the vehicle safety belt to prevent the child from sliding under the lap belt.
- The quick-adjust head restraint adjusts to your child's height easily.
- The color-coded vehicle belt guides on the Parkway SGL indicate the positioning and path of the vehicle lap and shoulder belt leaving no room for user error.
- The Parkway SGL converts into a backless booster for extended booster use.
Graco Backless Turbobooster Booster Seat
- Weight range: 40 – 100 pounds
- Weight of booster seat: 5.1 pounds
- Price: $30
- The Graco backless Turbobooster is an economical option and popular choice for carpool or back-up booster seat needs.
- The height adjustable armrests give your child a comfortable place to rest their arms and help keep the vehicle lap belt in place.
- The Turbobooster comes with a flexible strap that attaches to the seat. This strap helps place the vehicle shoulder belt in the proper position.
- The two hideaway cup holders keep your child's cups accessible at all times.
- There are no built-in LATCH connectors on the Graco TurboBooster.
BubbleBum Booster Seat
- Weight range: 40 – 80 pounds
- Weigh of booster seat: 2 pounds
- Price: $40
- The BubbleBum booster seat keeps kids safe with a smile -- kids love the name.
- This booster makes keeping kids safe a convenience with its ability to deflate, roll up and store in a small space, making it ideal for travel, taxi, carpool or everyday use.
- Because there are no armrests, the BubbleBum booster seat has the ability to fit across the backseat of a mid-sized vehicle.
- The BubbleBum is for use with a 3-point vehicle safety belt and the belt is positioned with simple hooks and straps.
Clek Oobr Booster Seat
- Weight range with backrest: 33 – 100 pounds
- Weight range without backrest: 40 – 100 pounds
- Height range with backrest: up to 57 inches
- Weight of booster seat with backrest: 22 pounds
- Price: $275
- The quick LATCH installation on the Clek Oobr ensures the booster seat will be positioned and attached properly in the event of an accident and for everyday use.
- The Clek Oobr has an adjustable headrest, stain-resistant fabric and Comfort Cube padding for added comfort.
- The headrest is height adjustable and the backrest has the option to recline and additional 12-degrees.
- The backrest can be removed for use as a backless booster.
Safety 1st Go Hybrid Booster Seat
- Weight range without backrest: 100 pounds
- Weight range with backrest and harness: 65 pounds
- Height range: up to 57 inches
- Weight of booster seat with backrest: 11.5 pounds
- Price: $200
- The Safety 1st Go Hybrid booster seat installs in less than a minute and is great for travel, grandparents, carpool or everyday use.
- The Go Hybrid has a LATCH system, which keeps it safely secure it to the vehicle at all times.
- This booster seat accommodates children up to 65 pounds in a 5-point harness but quickly converts to a backless booster for children up to 100 pounds.
- The flexible back of the Go Hybrid allows it to fold and store easily when not in use or while traveling.
- The use of the vehicle's top tether is required when using the backrest/5-point harness straps of the Go Hybrid – the backrest is held in place by the top tether system.
Diono Santa Fe Booster Seat
- Weight range: 30 – 120 pounds
- Weight of booster seat: 8 pounds
- Price: $70
- The Diono Santa Fe booster seat offers the convenience of a backless booster with an integrated LATCH system for a secure and safe installation.
- The seat bottom of the Santa Fe has added length for proper leg support and AirTek foam for additional comfort.
- The extra deep cup holders angle drinks to keep them upright and easily accessible.
More on booster seats
Best and worst car booster seats
Does your kid need a booster seat?
Car seat safety facts and state laws