11. Lock your kids in a room together. Just kidding! (Kind of.) Instead, set aside time for older and younger siblings to play alone together to learn leadership, teamwork, sharing — and to give mom and dad a break.
12. Explore your city. Pretend you're a family of tourists in a new city and see sights you've never seen before: museums, aquariums, local parks and hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
13. Musical instrument. Learn a musical instrument together. Find an instrument that every member of the family would enjoy playing and take turns learning a song. If everyone already plays an instrument, try learning a song together.
14. Obstacle course. Set up an obstacle coursein your backyard. Using things like hula hoops and jump ropes, create an outdoor obstacle course in which you can compete with each other for best time. This is not only a fun activity but also a great way to provide exercise for the whole family.
15. Zoo. Visit the zoo. Have each person write down which animal he liked best and what he learned about that animal.
16. Family photos. Take family photos. Get out the camera and have some fun taking photos of each other. Be silly, be serious and have fun.
17. Sock puppets. Make sock puppets. Gather some old socks, decorate them and then use them to put on a show.
18. Photo album. Make a family photo album. Have the kids pick photos from a recent vacation, family gathering or other event. Together, place the photos in a scrapbook with each member adding a funny saying or description to the photo they like best.
19. Family game show. Have a game show night. Set up a stage and give each family member a part as the host, contestant, etc. Use trivia games, word games or whatever you enjoy playing as part of the game show. Play for points or fake money.
20. Make a board game. Create your own family board game. Draw up a board on a piece of cardboard, make up rules and find interesting things around the house to use for game pieces.
Next Up: Turn trash into treasure
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!