SheKnows shares common baby milestones for little ones between the ages of 10 and 12 months.
- Waves "bye-bye"
- Uses thumb-finger pincer grasp to pick up items/toys
- Masters crawling without dragging belly
- Communicates his wants/needs by pointing or using hand gestures
- Can stand unassisted for a few seconds at a time
- Says "mama" or "dada" to the proper parent
- Engages in patty-cake and/or peek-a-boo
- Stands alone for a couple of seconds
- Can "cruise" — walk assisted around a coffee table
- Can understand the word "no" and other one-step or easy instructions
- Can put toys into a bin
- Can communicate at least one word besides "mama" and "dada"
- Can imitate your (or others') actions
- Communicates what she wants/needs through pointing or gestures
- Takes a few steps or can walk unassisted
- Can say two other words besides "mama" or "dada"
More common baby milestones
Months 1-3: Common milestones
Months 4-6: Common milestones
Months 7-9: Common milestones
Months 12-18: Common milestones