Make A Spooky Spider Display
Gather up all your empty plastic soda and water bottles, round up the family and make a creepy cluster of soda bottle spiders.
What you need:
- Plastic bottles in all sizes (the more variety, the more interesting your display)
- Black craft paint
- Fishing line
- Drill with a small drill bit
- Remove labels from your plastic bottles.
- Drill one hole in the bottom of each bottle, and one hole in the center of each bottle cap.
- Cut off the top of the bottle, where the curved surface meets the cylindrical part of the bottle. You will be making short-legged spiders from the top pieces, and long-legged spiders from the cylindrical pieces.
- Paint the insides of the top and bottom bottle pieces, and set on newspaper to dry.
- After the bottles are dry, snip legs into the cylindrical (long) pieces, starting at the edge and cutting straight up to the circular bottom panel. You can go for eight legs, or go crazy and give your spiders legs galore.
- Cut legs into the short sections of your bottle. (We like how Michelle Made uses triangular cuts to make her short spider legs.)
- Bend the spider legs back (extra leg folds give added creepiness), string fishing line through your drilled holes, and hang your dangling soda bottle spiders.
More family fun ideas
How to play a neighborhood scavenger hunt
How to make family mailboxes
How to make no sew fleece blankets