Woven Paper Mats Before Mealtime
If you need an activity to keep your kids busy while you get dinner on the table, woven paper mats are the perfect fun and functional activity. Your kids can make them just in time to use them for dinner!
All you really need for woven paper mat keepsakes are paper (um, hello!), glue and scissors.
- Moms, have your child choose any color of construction paper he chooses.
- Cut 1-inch strips in varying sizes -- about 9 12-inch strips and about 12 9-inch strips. You can make the strips longer if you want to make a bigger mat.
- Weave the short strips vertically through the longer horizontal strips.
- Tuck under the ends and secure with glue as you weave the paper through or you can trim the edges when you complete the mat.
- Once you've completed the weaving pattern, you can glue your weaved DIY paper mat onto a thicker and larger piece of construction paper to act as a mat frame for the paper mat. Or have it laminated so you can use it again and again!
More family fun ideas
How to make handprint mosaics
How to make footprint stepping stones
How to make personalized placemats