Unique girl names

Do you love the melodic sound of Irish girl names? Or romantic French names? If you are searching for a baby girl name that is cool and exotic, you will love our picks of the best Irish, French, Spanish and Italian girl names.

Exotic baby girl names

Many parents are searching for an exotic baby girl name because they want a name that is unique. Others may want to find a name that pays respect to their family background. Check out some of our favorite cool and exotic girl names, broken down by origin.

Irish girl names

Irish girl names are a popular choice for parents here in the U.S. — and we can see why! Check out these beautiful and feminine Irish girl names.

Check out more Irish baby names here >>

French girl names

These French girl names are romantic with beautiful meanings. Check out some of our top picks of names that will be perfect for your little French rose.

Find more French baby names here >>

Spanish girl names

Many Americans can speak Spanish, making these delightful names a popular choice. Check out our picks of Spanish girl names for your little bebe.

Find more Spanish baby names here >>

Italian girl names

Italian girl names have a melodic sound to them, often ending in the letter "a.". If you love these beautiful and feminine names, check out our top picks below.

Find more Italian baby names here >>

Click the banner below to check out our database of over 30,000 baby names!

Top baby names

More unique girl names

50 Pretty baby girl names
Unique baby girl names

Short and unique girl names

Comments

Comments on "Cool and exotic girl names"

Shadi February 06, 2014 | 12:46 AM

Here are some names: Anne-Marie, Siana, Bay and Alyssa

meghan December 10, 2013 | 8:57 AM

i love the names beatriz (bee-u-triz) and lilou (lee-low. I think they are so beautiful. Anybody else have a request

Amber November 12, 2013 | 5:32 PM

I am expecting twins. For boys I have picked out Bennett, and Bodhi, and for girls I liked Claire, and Paige. I am still thinking on those, but if I have a boy-girl pair then I am definitely going with Isaac, and Noelle

Evy October 22, 2013 | 6:44 AM

To Austin who is having twin girls how about: Cali and Tori ??? Congratulations by the way!!

Evy October 22, 2013 | 6:42 AM

I have three great-nieces in the same family; their names are Paisley, Braeley, and Kinzley. When the girls were little, they were called Pay-pay, Bray-bray, and Kinny.

Isabel September 11, 2013 | 8:27 PM

I'm not pregnant but I love the name Maia(Mai -ah) kailee(Kai-lee ,not Kay-lee) Dayanyra( di-ah nee- tah) kinleigh(kin-lee),Jahnessa (Jah-ness- ah)

vanessa jane villafuente August 23, 2013 | 4:57 AM

OMG! those names are so fun and very very interesting!

vanna August 03, 2013 | 6:26 PM

I just love (for girls) Elodie, Tennisee,Baylor Donn JavaMay (afer grandma)

Julianne July 27, 2013 | 9:05 PM

Bette is similar to the french spelling of stupid, and Fiona is the name of a shrek character. Just putting that out to make people think twice about what they name their children. I dont think anyone would want to be teased about their names:)

lauren June 26, 2013 | 5:56 PM

I love Vienna and anamoir (ana-more) those will be my first two daughters names others I like boys are Luca Ry Payton and Wyatt for boys and two more for girls being Iris and aspen(:

vanessa June 26, 2013 | 1:47 PM

My daugters name is Vanea (Va-ney-a) really love this name

Gaelic Meginsky June 20, 2013 | 5:24 PM

I think my name, Gianna ( gi-onna), & Fiona are the COOLEST NAMES EVER!!!

heather June 19, 2013 | 3:16 PM

My nephews middle name is Scout. I've met several throughout the years, and yes, it is his name because of the character in "To Kill a Mockingbird" (even though the character in the story was a girl lol)

S?z June 18, 2013 | 3:18 PM

@christina Ventura-DiPersia Scout may be a noun, but it is also a nick-name given to the character, Jean Louise "Scout" Finch, in the Pulitzer Prize winning-novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. Scout's father, Atticus Finch, also a cool name, and her brother, Jeremy "Jem" Finch, called her "Scout." In the future, I recommend not being so harsh to those who enjoy the uniqueness of others.

Anna June 18, 2013 | 9:20 AM

I'm Irish and I can say Adara,Keely and Darcy are not Irish names,I don't even think their real names at all!Some real Irish names are: Erin,Rosin,Noreen,Maureen,Maire(moy-ra),Leah/Lia,Orlaith(pronounced Orla) and my absolute favorite:Saoirse(pronounced seer-sha)a strong and femine Celtic name with a touch mystery and magic to it!It is a direct Irish translation of the word FREEDOM. Hope I helped!

Lisa June 12, 2013 | 7:08 PM

I love the names Fabiana. My cousins daughter. We call her Fabi. How about Anais?

austin June 02, 2013 | 11:42 AM

i am a guy and i have always wanted a daughter now i will have two twins and i just cant find the perfect names that make me just wnat to fall head over heals for it anyone got anything

Brooklyn May 28, 2013 | 5:58 PM

I love the names Olivia, Emma, Chloe, Paige and Bailey

Natasha Rowley May 27, 2013 | 5:47 AM

I love the name Chanel! it is gorgeous, delicate and unique - it has a beauty about it.

bambi May 26, 2013 | 6:35 PM

i like the names Anaya,Annika,carys, paloma, for little girls names, but my favorite is tatum jade or saylor. most names I chose are Russian, Hispanic.