4 Egg-Centered Crafts For Kids
Bring springtime indoors with egg-cellent egg crafts for kids. From hard boiled egg bunnies to embroidery floss eggs, discover egg craft ideas that you and your little ones can hatch in time for Easter!
Egg bunny craft
Let kids take egg dyeing one step further and create these adorable bunny ideas for Easter!
- Hard boiled eggs dyed in color of choice
- Google eys
- Pom poms in various sizes
- Cardboard tube section
- Construction paper
- Craft glue
- Cut section of cardboard tube and paint in color that coordinates with egg; place egg on cardboard tube.
- Create two long ears from construction paper and glue to the back of the egg.
- Glue wiggle eggs to the front of the egg and two pom poms below for the bunny's cheeks, topped with a tiny pink pom pom nose.
- Cut an oval from construction paper and cut in half width-wise to create feet; attach to bottom of cardboard with glue. Don't forget to give your bunny a pom pom tail!
Animal egg crafts for kids
Plastic eggs offer an easy craft for your kiddo when they create any animal their imagination can conjure!
- Plastic eggs
- Small pom poms
- Felt or foam sheets
- Craft glue
- Black marker
- Guide your child in choosing an animal to create, such as a chick, a pig or a mouse.
- Cut animal wings, paws, or other features from foam or felt.
- Glue felt or foam shapes, google eyes, and pom poms to your plastic egg to create your favorite spring animal.
- Let dry completely and display for spring or Easter!
Eggshell plant pot ideas for Easter
Let your little ones learn about spring while getting crafty with eggshells that nurture nature indoors.
- Clean, dry, empty eggshells
- Potting soil
- Grass seeds or bean seeds
- Tempera paint or makers
- Craft glue
- Small section of pipe cleaner for the base
- Remove the top of an empty, clean and dry eggshell. Glue pipe cleaner fashioned in a circle shape to the bottom of the eggshell to hold up your planter.
- Using paint or markers, decorate the eggshell and let dry completely.
- Fill eggshells a little more than half full with potting soil and sow grass seeds or bean seeds and cover with a little more soil.
- Sprinkle lightly with water, place in a sunny spot and enjoy spring's beauty in a few short days for beans, or in a few weeks!
Embroidery floss eggs
Big kids will love to display these colorful floss eggs hanging from the chandelier or nestled in a basket for all to admire during Easter dinner!
- Inflate balloons to size of egg and tie shut.
- Cut one- to two-foot lengths of embroidery floss in different colors and soak in fabric stiffener. Remove excess liquid by pulling floss through fingers.
- Wind lengths of wet floss around balloon until you achieve your desired coverage and tie string from balloon knot. Hang to dry overnight.
- When dry, pop balloon and remove.
>>Discover more kids Easter crafts for older kids that double has home decorations
More spring crafts for kids