Surfer baby boy names are cool, unique and perfect for your beach loving baby. We have rounded up cool names from some of the top surfers around the world, top celebrity surfer names and unique boy names that mean “ocean” and “water.” Plus, check out our list of names that just sound like cool surfers, such as Brody and Ashton.
Cool boy names from Top male surfers
These top male surfers are not only the best in their sport, but many have a cool surfer baby boy name to go along with their talent. From well-known celebrity surfers, such as Kelly Slater and Laird Hamilton, to other rising surfing stars, check out the names of the top male surfers. (See surfer names for baby girls here.)
- Dane Reynolds: Pro surfer from Long Beach, California
- Kelly Slater: Famous surfer, model and actor
- Sunny Garcia: Hawaiian-born surfer that holds many top surfing awards
- Laird Hamilton: Surfer, actor, producer and husband of Gabby Reece
- Bede Durbidge: Australian surfer
- Adriano de Souza: Brazilian native
- Taj Burrow: Aussie surfer
- Adrian Buchan: Australian surfer
Names with surfer meanings
The following baby boy names have meanings that any surfer would love. If you are looking for a unique name or one that has a special meaning, check out the following list:
- Dax: English name meaning, "water"
- Cain: Welsh name meaning clear water
- Ken: Welsh name meaning clear water
- Fontane: French name meaning fountain, water source
- Fontana: Italian name meaning fountain and/or water source
- Dover: Welsh name meaning water
- Calder: Scottish name meaning rough waters
- Bainbridge: English name meaning "Lives near the bridge over the white water"
- Atlantis: Greek name after the legendary Atlantis Island
- Dillan: Welsh name meaning Ocean's son
- Valdimar: Icelandic name meaning Ruler of the ocean
- Takukmi: Japanese name meaning Man of the ocean
Names that sound like surfers
There are some baby boy names that just sound like a cool surfer name. We can't quite put our finger on why -- but it could be they have the right mix of a modern, edgy and sporty. Check out some of our top picks:
If you are a surfer, another fun way to pick a cool surfer name for your baby boy is to name him after your favorite beach, surfing spot or location. If you are worried the name sounds too unique, consider using that name as a middle name so your child can choose what he wants to be called as he gets older.
If Hawaii is one of your favorite surfing spots, check out our list of Hawaiian baby names for more baby name options.
More baby name ideas