Unique & Cool
Whether you have hopes of your daughter being a surfer girl or you just like the cool and unique sound of these cute surfer baby girl names, you are sure to find the perfect name right here at SheKnows. Check out our list of the names of the top girl surfers in the world, beach-inspired names and names with cool meanings that surfer girls will love.
Surfer baby names have an exotic and cool sound to them. Be inspired with our list of names that are perfect for your surfer baby girl! (See surfer names for baby boys here.)
Names of top girl surfers
Looking for a surfer girl name? Why not check out the names of some of the top girl surfers around the world? From Sage to Coco, these names are as rockin' as the surfer girls themselves!
Beach inspired baby girl names
Another place to find surfer baby girl names is the beach itself! Some of these names have an exotic sound, like Oceana, while others have a more hippie feel to them, like Seashell.
Names of famous surf beaches
Another spot to find cool surfer girl names is by the famous surf beaches around the world. From Australia to Hawaii, check out some picks of the famous surf beaches:
- Bells – after Bells Beach in Australia
- Bondi – after Bondi Beach in Australia
- Margaret – After Margaret River in West Australia
- Malibu – after Malibu Beach
- Newport – After Newport Beach
- Maui – Hawaiian island popular with surfers
- Hanalei – After Hanalei Bay in Kauai
Names with meanings inspired by the ocean
These baby girl names all have meanings that a surfer girl (or parents of a surfer girl!) will love. These names would make a unique first name and middle name.
The following names all mean water:
- Ambu: Indian name
- Mouna: Arabic name
- Shui: Chinese name
- Brooklyn: English name
- Kendria: English name
More names with cool meanings include:
- Coventina: Celtic name meaning "water goddess"
- Dalis: Hebrew name meaning "drawing water"
- Moselle: Hebrew name meaning "from the water"
- Nixie: German name meaning "little water sprite"
- Talulah: Native American name meaning "Leaping water"
- Atlantis: Greek name after the legendary island that sank to the bottom of the ocean
- Nami: Japanese name meaning "wave"
- Genevieve: Celtic name meaning "white wave"
Although we can't guarantee that giving your child one of these names will make her a world-class surfer, we hope this list has given you inspiration as you search for the perfect name for your beach-lovin' baby girl.
>> Do you know of any great surfer girl names?
More girl baby name ideas: