Loaded english muffins
Francesca Pucher is a fitness expert and the founder of Fitness 121 Personal Training. Pucher offers up an easy-to-make breakfast recipe that's loaded with all things healthy for a great start to the day.
- 1 English muffin
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked
- 1 slice of cheese, your choice
- Scramble eggs to desired doneness.
- Toast English Muffin.
- To bottom half of the muffin, add the scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and ketchup, if desired.
- Top with the other muffin half and enjoy!
Use leftover muffins for English Muffin Pizza! >>
Orange cinnamon breakfast boost smoothie
The Florida Department of Citrus has tons of great ideas for breakfast recipes both mom and kids love, including this fabulous, 4-ingredient smoothie.
- 2 cups 100% Florida orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Florida navel orange, peeled and cut into one-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Apple salad breakfast pizza
The folks at Camp Shane shared this pleasing recipe that appeals to all ages. Camp Shane, the country's longest-running weight loss camp for kids and teens, is well known for yummy, out-of-the-box recipes like this one.
- vegetable cooking spray
- basic pizza dough (whole wheat is preferable)
- 2 cups thinly sliced spinach
- 2 cups red apples, chopped and cored
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fat-free Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled Bleu cheese
- Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Spread dough on pan, making rim around edge. Arrange spinach on dough.
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice. Combine apples with remaining ingredients and arrange on spinach.
- Bake pizza in 435-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Everything you ever wanted to know about apples >>
Brainy breakfast burrito
Eggs are the ideal breakfast food -- so good for you! This burrito recipe from Eggland's Best is ready in just 10 minutes and will get your juices flowing and your mind going all day long.
- cooking spray
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1 low-fat whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon low-fat refried beans
- 1/4 cup low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, pour into skillet and cook, stirring continually, until slightly set (about 2 minutes).
- Add cheese to eggs.
- Spread refried beans on tortilla, cover with damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread egg and cheese filling down the center of the tortilla. Add salsa and sliced avocado.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over filling. Fold up bottom. Roll securely. Ole!
Morning Rush Hour Burrito recipe >>
Valerie Orsoni, celebrity coach, nutritionist and CEO of LeBootCamp.com, is a busy mom and makes this easy breakfast for her family. They love it, and yours will too.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 4 very fine slices of tomato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toast the bread in oven or toaster.
- Spread tomato slices on bread.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Love tomatoes? Try Eggs Benedict Over Tomatoes >>
More healthy meal ideas