(page 2 of 3)
"Stained Glass" leaf
Mimic the look of stained glass using tissue paper in pretty fall colors.
What you'll need:
- construction paper
- wax paper
- tissue paper in fall colors
- paint brush
- Create a leaf-shaped opening by cutting out a leaf shape from the center of a piece of construction paper.
- Cut a piece of wax paper large enough to cover the leaf-shaped opening. Glue the wax paper to the construction paper to secure it in place.
- Cut assorted colors of tissue paper into 1" squares.
- Use your paint brush to cover the back side of the wax paper with glue. Lay the tissue paper squares overlapping each other, on top of the glue.
- Allow to dry, then cut around the edge of the leaf shape about 1/2" from the center opening to remove the excess paper.
- Hang the leaf in the window to let the light shine through.
Up next: Coffee filter sunflowers >>