Sometimes a long first name just won't do. If you have a longer last name (three or more syllables), then picking a long first name might not be your top choice. Longer names can sometimes be easily shortened to nicknames but if you're not interested in that option, a cute, hip first name would be your best bet! Another option is to pair a short first name with an equally short last name. It can make for an interesting combo — easy to remember and pleasing to the ear.
Maybe these names are too exotic-sounding for a first name for you — in that case, you might consider them for a fun middle name instead. Many parents-to-be like to use creative and unique names in the middle-name spot — and these would be a great option.
Check out these unique, short, girl's names, along with their meanings!
1. Aina: Of Scandinavian origin and means "forever."
2. Aja: This Hindi name means "goat."
3. Basha: This name means "stranger" and has Polish origins. Same root as the name Barbara.
4. Alia: A Muslim name, this means "exalted."
5. Bren: Variation of Brenda, Brenna and Bryn. It means "sword, raven, little drop of water."
6. Cai: This name means "feminine" and has Vietnamese roots.
7. Drew: Anglo-Saxon name meaning "wise."
8. Eira: A Welsh name, this means "snow."
9. Eris: A name from Greek mythology, Eris is the goddess of discord and destruction.
10. Grace: English name meaning, "grace."
11. Gia: Italian name meaing, "God is gracious."
12. Karis: A Greek name, this means "grace."
13. Liri: A Hebrew name, this means "musical."
14. Lyra: Another version of the Greek name Lyris, this means "lyre."
15. Mina: This name is Dutch meaning "love."
16. Neka: An American Indian name, this means "wild goose."
17. Nila: This name is derived from the river Nile in Egypt.
18. Opal: English name meaning, "jewel."
19. Rose: Of Scottish origin meaning "flower."
20. Sina: Meaning "treasure," this name has Hebrew roots.
21. Stina: Short form of the name Christina.
22. Tia: This Spanish name means "aunt." Another version of this name is Tea.
23. Trea: This name comes from the Latin word tertia, which means "third."
24. Uma: A Hindu name meaning, "bright."
25. Wren: Also the name of a small songbird, this name has Old English roots.
26. Zoe: A Greek name meaning "life" or "alive."
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!