Social Networking
With Moms

No matter how you feel about social networking, you can’t deny the power of the tweet. The popularity of Twitter has exploded in recent years, making it one of the most powerful forms of communication available in cyberspace. Collectively, moms project a loud voice via Twitter, speaking out on everything from chaotic schedules and messy husbands to crafts and politics.

Young mom on computer

Although Twitter can be a great networking tool, navigating the sea of tweets can be daunting and time consuming. Here are some suggestions for follow-worthy mamas.

Twitter Mom #1: Jenna McCarthy

@jennawrites

Jenna is a hilarious, internationally published writer who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Her wit and humor are so endearing, you'll want her for a best friend. Here's a recent post: "67% of married couples report a significant increase in hostility in the first year after having kids. Huh. Is that all?"

Twitter Mom #2: Marcy

@StretchingABuck

Marcy is a mom from Columbus, Ohio, who is dedicated to helping other moms stretch their dollars. She is a coupon expert and tweets about free offers, outrageous sales and rebates.

Twitter Mom #3: Kayt Sukel

@TravelSavvyKayt

Kayt is a freelance writer and contributor to travelsavvymom.com. She shares about her adventures with her 4-year-old son, Chet, as well as travel tips and latest destination picks.

Twitter Mom #4: Tricia Goyer

@TriciaGoyer

Tricia is a mother of three from Montana and author of 24 novels and several non-fiction books. Her inspirational voice motivates ordinary women to accomplish the extraordinary in life.

Twitter Mom #5: Liz Strauss

@lizstrauss

A Chicago-based brand strategist, Liz has a unique perspective on the relationship between consumer brands and their customers. She helps women achieve their professional goals by harnessing the powers of branding and social networking. Perfect for entrepreneurs.

Twitter Mom #6: Lucretia M Pruitt

@GeekMommy

Lucretia is a Denver-area mom who writes about her experiences as a 21st-century mom. A former programmer and computer information systems professor, Lucretia is a self-proclaimed geek whose writing is to the point and void of all frivolity.

Twitter Mom #7: Jessica Smith

@jessicaknows

Jessica is a mother, wife and social media expert based in Sacramento, California. She was named one of the Top 15 People to Watch by Sacramento Magazine in 2010. She shares insight on the work/life balance as well as professional advice. Her voice is smart, surprisingly funny and genuine.

Twitter Mom #8: Kelby Carr

@typeamom

Kelby tweets and blogs from Asheville, North Carolina. Recent tweets include fun craft ideas for kids, tips for housecleaning with toddlers, and daily chore charts. Mommy bloggers will find a friend in Kelby. She is a big proponent of mom blogging as a business.

Twitter Mom #9: McMommy

@mcmommyblog

This Florida mom documents her adventures in motherhood via her blog, themcmommychronicles.com, and Twitter. Followers will learn about everything from easy recipes to hilarious observations about the world from a mother's perspective.

Twitter Mom #10: Trisha Haas

@momdot

Trisha's tweets are as wildly funny as her blog, momdot.com. She speaks candidly about her adventures as a mom and popular blogger. If you want to be entertained on a daily basis, momdot is a must-follow.

Next page: 10 more moms to follow on twitter

Continue »

Tags: moms at work moms online super moms

Comments

Comments on "20 Moms to follow on Twitter"

Jessica Smith July 09, 2010 | 6:37 AM

Thank you so much for including me on this list! It is an honor to be included in this lineup of amazing women, many who I know (and love) in real life! Wanted to make sure you knew that I haven't been tweeting from @JessicaKnows for several months now...now tweeting @JessicaNow. And another update! I no longer live in Sacramento, just moved back to Washington, DC Metro area (where I"m originally from) to work out of my firm's DC office. Thanks again!

Mami2Mommy July 05, 2010 | 7:46 PM

Love the list thanks. But in the future could you make it easier for your readers to be able to follow on Twitter by linking from their Twitter handle like you did for @Sheknows and @pregnancyandbaby

SqueezeItIn Girls March 18, 2010 | 6:34 AM

Great list! - @SqueezeItIn

@jennawrites March 17, 2010 | 9:54 AM

Holy HELL! Talk about humbling. I love this list and I SWEAR I'm not just saying that because I'm on it. Thanks times infinity.

@MrsWrite March 15, 2010 | 9:18 AM

Great list! I think I alreday follow most of these fav moms!

Tamara Monosoff March 12, 2010 | 2:31 PM

Thanks for the great list! Several of my friends are here. Congratulations! I can't wait to check out the others. By @MomInventors

Lucretia March 12, 2010 | 11:21 AM

Wow what a great list of ladies to find myself on... thanks for including me! :) I feel fortunate for knowing many of these women already and can't wait to follow those I wasn't already. Aimee is right that there's no way to make a list to encompass all the amazing ladies out there on twitter - but I kind of like the way that people will always come to these articles and add a few more to the comments - as a rule? It just gives me more awesome ladies to follow & connect with! :)

Kayt Sukel March 12, 2010 | 9:57 AM

Thank you so much for including me! Somehow I'm just seeing this but I'm honored to be included with so many incredible Mom bloggers.

@KatjaPresnal March 12, 2010 | 7:24 AM

Thank you so much for including me in this amazing list!

@marketlikeachik March 11, 2010 | 2:37 PM

Congrats to all you fabulous females! I follow most of you already & happy SheKnows introduced me to more great moms on Twitter.

workout mommy March 11, 2010 | 10:38 AM

thank you for including me! I am very honored! :)

@zipporahs March 11, 2010 | 6:37 AM

Congratulations - some of my good friends made this list (both online and in real life) and I want to congratulate them. This is an unusual group you've put together and I LIKE IT.

MusingsfromMe/Jill March 11, 2010 | 6:29 AM

I follow all but 3 on this list. Your list delves in to the part of the blogosphere that interests me: good writing and good people. Thanks for an inclusive list.

Stephanie March 10, 2010 | 8:58 PM

I currently follow @5minutesformom and @workoutmommy. I'll have to check out the others. I also follow: @babysteph, @medarcie, @casualnell, @dcrmom, and @myapronstrings (among others).

@greenmom March 10, 2010 | 8:19 PM

Woops, I meant 20! Shoot 10 would be even harder! LOL!

@greenmom March 10, 2010 | 8:17 PM

Flattered! There are a ton of great moms it is hard to narrow it down to just 10! Thanks for including me!

Taneesha March 10, 2010 | 7:38 PM

@DivaMomNYC

@NaturalasPosMom March 10, 2010 | 7:18 PM

I'm pretty cool, I think! LOL. I agree with @greeblemonkey and The (Un)ExperiencedMom: More tweeps, and new tweeps, too!

Christy aka @Imfreckles March 10, 2010 | 6:22 PM

awesome list. I follow many but some others this was a great introduction to. What's great is that the list can keep growing. Everyday I learn about great women/Moms who tweet and blog!

Kelby March 10, 2010 | 6:14 PM

Thanks for including me! This is a great list and there are some amazing women on here.