Wintry Snowglobe. Create a one-of-a-kind snowglobe that encapsulates your favorite holiday scene. Be it a tiny nativity scene, miniature snowmen or an army of little elves, once the snow falls, the
What you will need:
Clear glass jar with a tight lid (pickle, pimento, jelly and baby food all work well)
Small waterproof ornaments, charms, figurines or plastic toys
Clear silicone sealant (for aquariums or bathrooms)
Florists clay (optional)
Egg shells and/or foil confetti, glitter
What to do:
1. Thoroughly clean your jar of choice – removing it of any labels and subsequent residue.
2. Design your snow globe scene.
3. Glue your figures onto the lid with the sealant. If you need to elevate the scene, use florists clay. Be sure to leave the edges clear for easing lid tightening. Allow to dry.
4. Separate eggshells from the membrane and crush them with a rolling pin. Aim for fine particles, but not dust. Add glitter and/or confetti to the eggshells for a more vibrant snow effect.
5. Fill the jar with water leaving a little space at the top. Add 4-5 drops of mineral oil to keep the snow floating nicely. Baby oil can also be used.
6. Add the snow mixture.
7. Close the jar, ensuring the lid is on very tightly.
8. Shake your globe and watch how the snow falls. Add more snow if you like.
9. Once you have it just as you want it, add a drop of silicone around the lid to permanently seal it.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!