Your table will shine a little brighter with these homemade candleholders. Use a 5-pointed star for a Christmas theme or a 6-pointed star for a Hanukah theme.
What you will need:
Polymer clay (Sculpey III or Fimo) in your color of choice
Star shaped cookie cutter
Glass baking dish
Candles, of course!
What to do:
1. Knead the clay on a sheet of waxed paper and then roll it out to a thickness of about 1 inch using a non-wooden rolling pin.
2. Cut out stars using the cookie cutter.
3. Using the pencil, steadily make a hole in the center. Be sure to go slowly so as not to deform the shape of the star. Test the hole size with the candle. When you obtain the perfect fit, set the star in the glass baking dish.
4. Bake the stars for about 30 minutes.
5. Once the stars have cooled, insert candle, using an unbaked piece of clay to secure it if needed. To prevent possible leaks, cut out an identical shaped star out of tin foil and place it under the star.
6. Light and enjoy!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!