(page 2 of 1)
If you are searching for a baby name that will just scream Bellissimo! and appeal to your Mediterranean roots, then these Italian baby names might just be perfect for you.
To best use this selection of names, get out a pad and paper and write down the names that appeal to you while you read through the lists. Have your baby's father do the same. Then, pare the lists down and compare notes.
There are many reasons for choosing a baby name. Perhaps it's one that has always struck a chord with you. Perhaps it's a family name. Or maybe it's a name that honors your heritage. Whatever the case, you want to think carefully when choosing a name for your little one. Does this name flow well with your last name? Will it be appropriate when the baby is 2, and also when your child is 52?
Italian Names with English Equivalents
Sometimes, words just sound better in a different language. These Italian names are the equivalent of common English-language names, but they sound and look a little different.
Romantic Italian baby names
The Italian language falls under the umbrella of romance languages, so there are many wonderful romantic names to choose from. These are a few of our favorites.
Famous Italian names
There are so many famous Italian folks out there working in entertainment, the food industry, fashion and more. So it should come as no surprise that there are many Italian names that can be traced to famous folks and characters. While not everyone on the list is actually Italian, their names have that exotic Italian sound. Here are a few notable ones.
Boy Celebrity Baby Names
- Antonio - Movie star Antonio Banderas
- Benito - Italian dictator Benito Mussolini
- Dante - Famous Italian poet Dante Alighieri
- Dino - Fred Flintstone's purple dinosaur pet
- Elmo - Sesame Street personality
- Fabio - Known only by his first name, Fabio was a popular model and actor in the '90s
- Giorgio - Renowned Italian designer Giorgio Armani
- Leonardo - Actor Leonardo DiCaprio
- Mario - The X Factor host and former Saved by the Bell star Mario Lopez
Girl Celebrity Baby Names
- Aida - Food Network personality Aida Mollenkamp
- Giada - Food Network star and chef Giada De Laurentiis
- Clarissa - Fictional character played by Melissa Joan Hart on Nickelodeon show
- Donatella - Renowned designer Donatella Versace
- Gabriella - Fictional High School Musical character played by Vanessa Hudgens
- Madonna - Famous singer
- Rosalie - Fictional character in the Twilight series, Rosalie Hale
For more baby name ideas
Exotic baby names and meanings
Irish baby names: The hottest name trend
French baby names: Exotic and beautiful