What do pregnancy dreams REALLY mean?

Interpreting The
Subconscious

WAKE UP! Your dreams are telling you something. Listen to them, they have important information. Why are your dreams so vivid now that you are pregnant? We find out why you are having them and what your subconscious mind is trying to tell you.

Pregnant Woman Dreaming
Imagine, it's two o'clock in the morning -you're sweating, moaning, squeezing your body pillow between your thighs, and in the middle of the best orgasm you've had since the day you wore your size six wedding gown.

Now picture this, you roll over, see hubby fast asleep, snoring the same God awful tune he does every night, and realize that you have just had a steamy affair with Brad Pitt. (Even hotter with kids) You quickly close your eyes and pray for your dream to pick up where it left off. But it's no use. Brad is gone.

Welcome to the world of strange, unusual, and always vivid pregnancy dreams.

Why do we dream?

Dreams are a reflection of your emotional state. And it's no secret that MTB's (mommies to be) are emotionally fierce and unpredictable. Feeling excited, terrified, and anxious not only affects your daily life, but also have influences your night time zzz's. The Intensity and interpretation, though, is different for each woman, depending on individual stressors. A planned pregnancy may prompt positive dreams of your babies face or her first feeding. On the other hand, an unwanted, or surprise pregnancy may cause nightmares where you find yourself running from wild animals all night. These lucid dreams take on different scenarios during each trimester, as your emotions transform as the months progress.

Read on for the most common pregnancy dreams, their interpretation, and a new look at how they may prepare for not only motherhood, but you're changing life.

HONEY I LOST THE BABY!

First trimester: Misplacing your keys, forgetting to feed the baby, or losing her altogether.

Interpretation: May express the fear of being an inadequate mother.

New look: Once you're a mom though, you'll see that it was a glimpse into your forgetful future. You will get mommy mush brain, and forget your own birthday.

WILD SEX

Second trimester: Dreams of sex with hubby or someone else.

Interpretation: This may signal a few things. Either your hormones that are heightened to a paramount level are dramatically increasing your sexual cravings, or your husband has stopped having sex with you because you now have a baby bump that disturbs him because he is thinking about the baby, thus he cannot perform.

New Look: After baby, sex is a commodity whose value has increased because the availability is limited. You and your man are reduced to nap time sex or bathroom quickies. No more spontaneity, sex is scheduled and usually interrupted by a cry.

BABY FACE

Third trimester: Life with baby Dreams, preparing for baby, holding, and playing with her.

Interpretation: Your body is preparing for the babies arrival and your subconscious is imagining her so you guys aren't total strangers after delivery.

New Look: This can prepare you for the multitasking you'll have to do with a baby on your hip, and the constant entertainment that you'll have to provide. Sending an Email while changing a diaper, and applying mascara is common place for moms. And, you too, will master the art of multitasking. Your dreams prepare you.

ENTRAPMENT

Every trimester: Stuck at the bottom of a well, in a dark tunnel, or drowning.

Interpretation: Fear of losing your freedom.

New angle: This reoccurring dream is the new angle. IT epitomizes the reason for why understanding your pregnancy dreams is so important. If you recognize and understand that your life is going to change on a monumental level. You will have to multitask, you will have to fight to keep your identity, and you absolutely will have to schedule sex with your husband. Once you recognize and accept this. Motherhood will be much easier.

Sweet Dreams....

Read More:

Comments

Comments on "What do pregnancy dreams REALLY mean?"

Kia August 01, 2011 | 11:16 PM

I keep having dreams about either delivering a baby or being pregnant & it is now getting annoying because even though I do have an son, but i am really looking forward to having a little girl. However, i have been single for quite some time now & at this point in my life i am trying to move into my own place and work on my new career goals that i have set for myself. So, does these dreams really mean something totally different then being pregnant or actually delivering a baby?

Mariah July 14, 2011 | 7:22 PM

I am 20 and the past three days I been having pregnancy dreams. 1st day of dream...i felt sick and told my bf about how I found out I was pregnant. 2nd day of dream.....i felt the baby inside me and I was excited...(i got up 3 times through out the night) 3rd day of dream... I had the baby and my life was amazing...the feeling of being a mom was the best warm feeling I ever had (i got up 3 times again through out the night). My bf and I been having unprotected for 5 weeks idk if it is a sign or not???? Please help

Lauren April 24, 2010 | 11:15 PM

I am 24 and have recently spilt from my partner of 6 years, I keep having the same or similiar nightmares. In my nightmare we are not together and have split up and he is with someone else, but I am heavily pregnant and due within a week or two he knows this and still wants me to have the baby, but no one else knows, I am hiding it and want to abort it, but I can't because I am too far gone. I then think about having the baby adopted but I am very confused. My mum is in my nightmare and is talking to me about my future. I wake up feeling scared and anxious and struggle with what the reality is.I am not pregnant.

ANDREA November 18, 2009 | 1:38 PM

I HAD A DREAM THAT I WAS GIVING BIRTH IN A BATH TUBE AND MY BEST FRIEND WAS HELPIN AND TELLIN ME TO PUSH WILL THE FATHER OF MY BABY WAS OUT WITH SOME OTHER GIRL BUT IN REAL LIFE I HAD A BOYFIRNED AND I WAS GOIN SOMEWHERE TO GO MEET THIS OTHER GUY SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.......

Macey November 07, 2009 | 6:40 AM

Last night , i had a drean that i was pregnant. I'm a virgin , and i'm only 15. I had the baby , and it was a fetus when it came out. And then for some reason my grandfather was watching the fetus and he lost it. Then , we saw my cat swallow it. Then , i was sticking my hands down my cat's throat trying to get him to throw it up. I was crying hysterically. And then he threw up my gum , and then the fetus , so i went to give the fetus cpr , but before i actually got to , i woke up. What does this mean ?

jasmine May 27, 2009 | 7:00 AM

i had a dream i had my baby && there was someone tryin to kill me & my baby

amber May 05, 2009 | 1:40 PM

i meant to say that a man was pregnant in my dream and i dont know why?

amber May 05, 2009 | 1:39 PM

ok so i had this really wried dream about this that pregnant and it was so real and i was wonmder what the meant???????

kri84 September 01, 2008 | 8:25 AM

Last night I had dreams about little black rats living in my garage...they were almost cute..?? and they were teasing my german shepard by running back into the garage under the door. Last I also had a nightmare about the movie ...with vin deisle and those flying things that dont like light ...I havent seen it since it was in theaters....but it was this house I showed up to clean my older brother my 2 year old daughter and my ex boss was there. The also last night I had a dream I was in a car accident in a minivan there wasnt any lights on the interstate I was aproching a white minivan so I changed lanes because I couldnt slow down then I was aproching another car they slammed on their breaks and I couldnt stop and hit them then I watched the minivan fly of the bridge on the the ground I got out and walked around all over town trying to find my way..and I couldnt get ahold of my Dh and then I finally found my way home and my sister in law and my little girl was their and she drove me to the hosp where I had to have a DNC! because I lost my baby....I dont even know if I preg.