For the crust:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extact
1 cup almond meal
1 cup crushed bran flakes
Pinch of salt
For the filling:
2 cups vanilla or lemon yogurt
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sliced peeled kiwis
1 peach, halved, pitted sliced
1 cup mandarin slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and butter the sides and bottom of a 10-inch round tart pan.
2. Using a food processor, blend the butter, sugar and almond extract on medium speed until creamy. In a medium-sized bowl, mix almond flour, bran flakes and salt. Add to butter mixture and process on low until a dough forms.
3. Dump onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a flat circle. Press dough into prepared tart pan, pressing dough evenly on bottom and sides of the pan. Chill in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Poke crust with a fork and bake in oven for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
5. Loosen sides of the pan and transfer tart shell to a serving platter. Fill with yogurt and artfully arrange assorted fruit on top. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Personal Chef Michele Borboa, MS
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!